Monday, February 22, 2010

Full contact dessert

While I was growing up, dessert was a contact sport. My mother has always made absolutely INCREDIBLE desserts and it was common that she would save the best for when we had guests over. This often resulted in a complete and utter lack of available second helpings. So, we learned to steal from each other's plates. This is a risky thing to do when everyone has both reflexes and a weapon, but it was worth it.

Tonight at Heather's house the birthday cake was super yummy, and steal worthy to say the least. A couple of people at the table had not yet been properly introduced to the sport, so we did our usual trial by fire. Meaning that I reached over and stole some of Annette's cake. I got a look, and a threat, but nothing to worry about. Then the boys got in to it and quickly devised some new strategies to get dessert off of someone's plate when your arms are too short...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW I understand what Big C was doing tonight at my house! He came for a sleepover, in preparation for a day of skiing on Tuesday. As soon as the bowls of fruit came to the table, he said he wanted to steal mine! Grandma C