Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Honouring Jack - the boys and I head downtown

This past Wednesday I had an errand to run as our iPod had failed to turn back on. We took the O-train downtown and when I stopped by the Apple store we discovered that it got wet and was DOA :(
As we were already downtown, the boys asked if we could go to the clocktower. We decided to check it out, but since there was a lying in state of Jack Layton, it was closed for the day. I talked with the boys about it, and since we were in line already, the boys and I decided to wait and then pay our respects to a man who had worked so hard for our family and many other Canadian families. We discussed the role that politicians play, how hard they work and what Jack Layton had done for farmers, labourers and all Canadians.
We were interviewed by CBC cameras as you can see here (we're at about the 3:25 mark).
We waited for quite some time,but the boys and I had time to have lunch, play a little on my blackberry and just hang out with each other and the families around us.
It was a great day for a lesson in politics, hard work, respect and Canadiana.
As a reward for their patience we stopped for a Booster Juice on the way home.
Smiles on the outside for the boys met with smiles on the inside from a proud dad.

No comments: