Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hawaii 2016 Day 6-The Spartan Super and Earning the Trifecta

Well today is a monumental day. I have been blogging about the Spartan Trifecta for almost 2 years. For the first time not only did my phone not autocorrect "Trifecta" to "trident", it is actually now suggesting the word "trifecta" when I make a typo. 

Oh Samsung, it's like you finally understand who I really am!!

So Dave and I came out of Saturday with some pretty solid cuts, bruises, scrapes and sunburns. As hard as we tried to stay slathered in sunscreen there was no getting around the water, mud and sweat that kept washing it from our bodies.

We meant to get on course good and early on Sunday but I was tired and moving pretty slowly. Dave was feeling tip top. 
 We finally strolled out on to the Super course at around 9:30. I think the cut off time for completion was 6pm, so we were feeling pretty good about our chances.

 So good about them that we did take the liberty of grabbing some photos along the way. We left the phone in the bag for this one-so it's crap.
 Here we are climbing the 10 foot wall.
 That's not an easy thing to convince yourself to do on the third lap!!
 The spot where they filmed Jurassic Park. This is located directly in front of one of the longest ever barbed wire crawls I have needed to do (three effing times). My knees are torn beyond recognition from this one.
Nice views...
 Us being ridiculous. ..
 The location where they filmed Mighty Joe Young.
 And finally, 3 hours and 16 minutes later:
 We actually did it! I tuly didn't know that we could. I kept fearing that one of us would twist or break an ankle or something and we wouldnt make it.



We are both feeling incredibly proud. 

I knew I was in trouble on the walk back to the car (about a 3 km walk each way from the venue-I think there should be a medal just for the walk!) But I kept a brave face until we got to our accommodation. Then, unfortunately, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening puking my guts out. It was just too much sun for this girl. 

If I EVER suggest that it would be a good idea to do something like this again, please slap me.

No comments: