Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day Grandma Carol


This morning I walked in on a conversation between Monkey and (a surprisingly well spoken) Big C it went something like this:


Monkey "my Grandma is the best because she takes me for bike rides"


Big C "well my Grandma is the best because she tickles my sweet little baby skin"


Monkey "my Grandma is great because she and I tell each other that we are both AWESOME"


Big C "my Grandma is better than yours because she lets me chew on her watch"


Monkey "my Grandma rocks because she makes me CDs and lets me wear her cat socks"


Bic C "my Grandma is awesome and she lets me take her slippers"


Monkey "my Grandma has a silly Sunday night supper routine with me and I love it"

Big C "my Grandma lets me lick all of her Tupperware and isn't even worried about my goobers"

Monkey: "my Grandma has me over for sleepovers and gives me snuggles, takes me to the gym and to the Baby Shoppe"

Big C: "my Grandma sings me silly songs"

Monkey "my Grandma makes me my favorite foods and lets me help her make dessert"

Big C "yeah? Well my Grandma gives me a silly bath"

Monkey "my Grandma gives me a silly bath too"

Saje "listen, you guys both have a wonderful Grandma but my mom is better. She took a great big pause in her career and her life to raise me. She gave me her best years and all of her self. Then, now that I have kids of my own, she helps me by sharing her experiences raising me."

Dave: "you guys are all right-you are all talking about the same wonderful, awesome, fantastic GRANDMA CAROL!!!"

Monkey, Big C and Saje: "your right, we are! Happy Mother's Day Grandma Carol!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh ... and then you made me cry. What a gratifying set of thoughts and memories! Being a grandmother is SO-O much easier than being a mother, yet you and "my little fellas" are my reward.