Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Pyrex mystery

So the oddest thing happened this afternoon.
I took the pyrex dish out of the top rack of the dishwasher and put it away in the cupboard. It wasn't hot and there weren't any other dishes on top of it. No more than a minute later I heard a loud smashing, like a glass shattering into a thousand pieces. It was forceful enough to open the doors of the cupboard, though it quickly shut itself again. I looked inside to find the pyrex dish shattered into a thousand pieces, quite literally.
I was perplexed as to what caused this as there was no temperature change, no impact and no apparent weakness in the pyrex when I put it away.
Nonetheless, I called pyrex and they are sending a new one in the mail - no questions asked. I however am still quite intrigued.
Odd.
Very odd.

1 comment:

Saje said...

Oh my goodness. I am so grateful that no one was hurt and that the dish was behind a closed door. I have heard before that glass can do that. I can get knocked at one point and nothing happens. Later, for no apparent reason, bam.

Thank you Jesus for keeping that glass away from my children and thier eyes.