Friday, February 20, 2009

The Magic Bowl

Tonight is daddy's first junk night with the boys (an idea that we stole from these guys). I thought that I would start off the week with an idea that I got from one of the parent magazines with my own little twist on it. Monkey made himself his first bowl at grandma's house:



so I decided that every time someone did a nice deed for someone else that the recipient of the deed would place a bean (actually a small pea) into the bowl. The beans would accumulate until junk night when they would magically be transformed into junk that the kids could share. Lo and behold Monkey has been bringing Big C's cereal bowl to the dishwasher every morning and the last 2 days he's also taken to putting out Big C's boots and jacket since he's so much faster at getting ready in the morning. He's so excited to see the little beans filling up the bowl in anticipation of today. It's been a lot of fun and spread some positive vibes throughout the house, with an easy, positive reward for Monkey to boot. I'll give an update later today with the photos of the 'transformation' as well as the reaction!

No comments: