Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cottage Photos Part I - Daddy's Favourite Day

We had such a wonderful week at the cottage in Westport. It was a simple cottage with two little bedrooms, a small kitchen, an even smaller bathroom, but a beautiful spot on the lake. We spent almost all of our time outdoors and the weather was just gorgeous.
Here are some of the early shots from the week. I'll post more as this week rolls out.
Here's the dock and the view of the lake. The boat isn't there, but it spent the first hour and a half of our day out on the water exploring and chatting with the boys. Best bonding time ever.
I taught Monkey how to fish. Here's the before picture:
here's the bait that we went out and found. I taught the boys how to look for worms and 'catch' them. We caught two of them. Here's the first on the line:
and here's the after photo. He was so proud of his first catch:

Big C meanwhile was checking out the caterpillars that would fall from the trees:
By the way,after catching the first fish Big C was put in charge of watching the fish in the bucket and the worm next to it. Before I knew it Big C was telling me "Hey daddy, I fed the fish'. That's right, he'd tried to feed the fish that we caught the worm that we were going to use to catch more.What a cute kid.
We showed off Monkey's first two fish to mommy.:
and here he is releasing his catch:


We rounded off the day as I taught Monkey how to catch a baseball in a glove and throw it back, taught him how to build drip sandcastles
taught him how to skip stones on the water. There were so many moments, but that day was by far my favourite.

No comments: