Monday, May 23, 2011

The hair

The doodle seems to have moved past his "I want to be a girl" phase. He is now very sure that he is, and wants to be, a boy.
That said, he still wants to grow his hair long. Down to his feet is the current goal. His hair is long enough now for pony tails. So one day last week, we sent him in with one pony tail. Apparently the kids were rather nasty about it. They called him a girl, they teased him. He held his ground and told them that he is a boy and he likes his hair.
It also happened to be class photo day. Not individual photo day, class photo day. So the school called me, at work, to ask me if I knew about the pony tail on class photo day. In between two meeting and breathless because it was the school number on the call display, I told them that I put the pony tail in and that I knew that it was class photo day.
The next day he was not deterred at all and one ponytail became three pony tails all a different colour. The kids apparently didn't tease him on day two :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More power to him! It's nice to see parents allowing a child to really be themselves! Love the hair!