Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The gift cards are here, the gift cards are here!!


I am almost positive that this means that I win a bet! After waiting for 3, or maybe it is 4 months. Sears has finally made good on it's promise to send me a gift card for all of the hassle that they have been to my life.
Sears has been living up to it's reputation of having terrible customer service, uninformed and disinterested staff, poor selection and terrible follow through. The original transgression involved a damaged car seat, then the one that they sent to replace it was more damaged. I finally got the car seat manufacturer to replace it for me.
Sears responded to my letter 6 weeks after I sent it. Gosh, they are really sorry and would like to send a $50 gift card to tell me just how sorry they were. We waited, and waited. Finally I emailed them again when after 3 months there was no gift card. They replied 3 weeks later (it must have been windy). They promised that a $75 gift card would soon arrive.
So I waited. Dave called me his eternal optimist and I waited. Well-today $75 worth of Sears gift cards showed up in my mail box. I can't think of any reason that I would want to give that store any business, but I'm sure I'll find something to do with them!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I stand impressed by your optimism and positive outlook. I hope that after all of this strife you pick up something that puts a smile on your face :) (:
-Dave