Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big C Loses his Child Care

Oh my goodness, we are totally scrambling! I have been up since 4 since I can't sleep. Yesterday I get a message on my cell phone "call the day care as soon as possible".

I PANIC-who wouldn't? I call and they tell me that the director is going to call me that night, they don't know what it is about, the kids are fine (in that order). They lied since as soon as Dave arrived, they knew exactly what was going on and filled him in. Jerks. Big C has lost his day care spot as of next Friday.

Four months ago I asked the DC that Monkey has been at if they would take Big C part time. They had to think about it since they don't normally do that. The answer came back about a month later-yes. Fantastic.

Now yesterday they are trying to say that it was a temporary arrangement and that now that a child wants to come in full time, we are out. They didn't even offer us the option to pay for the FT spot. If you know me at all, you know that I don't like risk. Can't handle it. If I had known that he could get bumped that easily I would have taken the time to find a permanent arrangement while I was off work and eased Big C into the transition.

So we have been given 10 days notice. Big C has not even been there for a week. They would have known when we signed the forms last week that someone wanted the spot FT. They never warned us. They have already given the spot away. If I wanted to pull one of the kids out, I would have had to give a months notice. That is what the contract that I signed says, the thing is, she has yet to sign the contract and give it back to me-I guess she knew that she needed the leeway.

So now the spot is gone and the director never even called me last night to tell me if Monkey still has a spot or what. We spent the night calling home day care providers and totally panicking. We are really upset since we like this centre and have felt very comfortable with them. More than anything, we feel betrayed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A real tragedy for the trust that we put in them and for the excellent level of care that they provide our boys with. My prayers are that there is a reason for this and that He has an answer out there somewhere.