Friday, February 23, 2007

Do you make friends with salad?

The answer is no. In fact, to be accurate, you don't WIN friends with salad. I was wrong. Heather was right.

clip from the show:
Lisa: I never realized before, but some Itchy & Scratchy cartoons send the message that violence against animals is funny.

Bart: They what? Cartoons don't have messages, Lisa. [Moves toward door.] They're just a bunch of hilarious stuff you know, like people getting hurt and stuff, stuff like that. [gets slammed behind the door by Homer]-- Why I oughta --, "Lisa the Vegetarian"

Homer: Look kids! I just got my party invitiations back from the printers.

Lisa: [Reading the invitation.] "Come to Homer's BBBQ. The extra B is for BYOBB." Bart: What's that extra B for?

Homer: It's a typo.

Lisa: Dad! Can't you have some other type of party, one where you don't serve meat?

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.-- Homer coins a catch phrase., "Lisa the Vegetarian"Bart dances in.

Bart: [Musically.] You don't win friends with salad! You don't win friends with salad! You don't win friends with salad! [Homer, {and then Marge, join in.}] Lisa: {Mom!}Marge: {I don't mean to take sides, I just got caught up in the rhythm.}

oh man I am tired. G'night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did all that MEAN something?

Saje said...

Yes, it is a pop culture reference to the long running cartoon The Simpsons.