Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Scooter

Today was a big garage sale day. Beck and I headed off to see what crap that we don't need, we could add to our collections.


One of the things on my short list was a three wheeled scooter for Monkey. They are hard to find. I started looking last year.


Today I found a Disney Princess scooter. I was so pleased. I knew that he would love it to bits. Monkey loves pink, loves princesses-or so I thought. I get it home and he is thrilled that I got him a scooter. He announces that, while he likes the scooter, he doesn't like the princesses. I am confused. We have a heart to heart and I am worried that someone has made a stupid comment that has thrown him off. Nope:






PRINCESSES ARE SCARY.


This is his answer. He goes on to explain that some are real and some are not, and some talk. That makes them scary. Okay then. What am I to do? I phone up a friend of mine with three daughters who love to dress up as princesses, that I happen to know are the proud owners of a Sponge Bob Square Pants three wheeled scooter. I explain my predicament. They are only too happy to make the switch. We go to pick it up and everyone is thrilled.


Monkey loves his scooter and races up and down the sidewalk with it.

Stupid scary princesses.

No comments: