Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Monkey needs a new belt

Monkey's legs have gotten about 3 feet longer in the last couple of months. His waist however, has gotten only slightly thicker. So I had to buy all new jeans. They have the drawstring in them to make them fit him properly but he still loves his "myself belt" train belt. I love it too as he can put his belt on all by himself. He is now winching it so tightly around his waist to make it fit that he is complaining that it hurts, but he wont stop wearing it.

I have actually started giving these as gifts at birthday parties. When I ask a parent what thier child will like, almost every parent since Monkey got his belt has told me how much thier child loves Monkey's belt. I can get the firetruck belt and the construction belt in Ottawa so I have been giving out the firetruck one and the contruction one like crazy!! The kids just love them!These train belts are really hard to find in the winter since they are summer colours-eek! I have offered him a firetruck belt, no deal. A construction belt, his answer "no mommy, a train belt pleeeease". If only he knew how much I want to give it to him and how hard it is to deliver. Is anyone in the states soon that I could have one shipped to you? That or are you in London and coming here? They sell them at Cheeky Monkey. Update, no they don't. Grrr.
He looks so pitiful with that big gap at his waist!!

Update: I have tracked down the belt. It is in the mail as I type this and it even has Monkey's name on it. He is just going to be thrilled! As a bonus there is even one coming for Big C since we just love them so much!! I heart mysef belts!!

No comments: