Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday morning snacktime

I asked the boys what they'd like to do this week. I offered up the wave pool (since we have some free passes that run out at the end of summer) and the Dinosaur museum (aka Museum of Nature). Monkey said 'Can we just stay home and fill up the pool later?'
Sure....why not?
So if you'd like to be in for either of those two activities please let me know in the comments section.
This gave us some time to read books, play games, watch a little SuperWhy and just hang out this morning.
Then came snack time. Daddy gets bored easily, so without activities on the go I thought that I'd make snack time more interesting.
Bring on the bananadillas!
What's a bananadilla?

Here's the idea: tortilla shells with bananas and chomocolate chips.

Here's how the boys made theirs. Monkey was all about speed and getting to good stuff.

Big C was more about appearance, making sure that each banana slice had an equivalent pile of chomocolate chips.


Fold 'em over and put them in a frying pan for a few minutes and there you have it.
Here's the boys getting ready to enjoy the fruits of their labour. Here's Monkey digging in:

And let's just say that Big C got really into it.

Really, really into it:

Check out the promotional video we made:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try making these with the girls. Good idea. As I was reading I was hoping that you would heat them somehow. Looks yummy