Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our little car can be a truck too!!

I always rave about a certain other car. While our car can't compare, it can act like a truck too!

As I blogged yesterday, our little inflatable pool was on it's last legs. I did happen to know that there is a fun little poll that Step 2 used to make that attaches to our play structure. Trouble is (for most people this would be trouble), they don't make it any more.

For me this isn't an actual problem. More, a personal challenge to be overcome.

And overcome it I did!!I announced that I had found the pool, 10 Kms from the house for a reasonable price (within 24 hours of realizing that we needed one) and instantly I had doubters. Dave, my honey, didn't think that I could get it home. Mrs Bussey was in the same camp. Mr Bussey stayed quiet, likely hoping that I wouldn't ask for his car to take on this adventure.
I drove down and the two women waiting on the other end were instantly in agreement with my doubters here. They really didn't think it would happen, or, if it did, it would involve significant damage to my car.

I grabbed the dog blanket out of the trunk and unscrewed the antenna. They started to believe. I pulled out the Trailhead cargo straps and they realized that I was actually serious. We inverted it on the roof and it fit beautifully. The only catch was that my straps were not long enough on their own so I had to put them together for the front of the car. They quickly found more rope and it turns out the second lady is a scout master KA-CHING!!! She strapped it on and we were ready to go.
Of course, we tied the doors shut since Dave wont let me buy a roof rack (smart man). I climbed in and the women guided me in my victorious 3 point turn. I took the dirt roads home in combination with the local streets and stayed below 50 km/h. Dave met me in the driveway to eat crow and take victory photos.It is an awesome pool and we're pretty sure that the boys will be in it before breakfast tomorrow morning.
Yup, pretty big. This is an aerial shot from the office.

Victory is mine.

No comments: