Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Peru Day 4- Cusco and surrounding sites Part 2

Okay, where was I? Oh right ALPACAS!!!

These animals are so cute and soft!!! Also, hungry like the two Labradors that we left at home!

I was quite taken with them and they were quite taken with the alfalfa that everyone was feeding them...so yeah,the feeling was totally mutual.



I put several baby alpacas in my pockets and we went to an archeological site called Pukapukara and saw where both animal and human sacrifices were made. A bit further down there is a photo of the boys heading through a carved tunnel. The Inca would carry a mummified body through these tunnels to their final resting spot.

We also got to see more parts of the Inca trail. I can't imagine hiking it. We were not able to hike it because C isn't quite old enough. I have half heartedly feigned disappointment at that but it's all for show. I'm looking forward to taking the train up!

We took down down time and then grabbed a delicious dinner of alpaca times 3 (what?) and meat lasagna for C who seems to have decided we are all barbarians. I'm a bit worried that he may decide to become a vegetarian once he puts all of these cute animals=food links together.

After dinner we sat in a gorgeous park looking at the Cusco skyline. We grabbed some street meat on a stick and grabbed a photo of the "Batman bus". This is the actual name of a bus line. All of the bus lines in town have superhero names.

1 comment:

Grandma C said...

I was always told that as long as you haven't named it you can eat it. You can eat an alpaca but you cannot eat Freddy the alpaca.