Monday, December 23, 2019

Costa Rica Day 3 Monteverde

We spent the morning zip lining through the cloud forest near Monteverde.

Basically, stepping off of a platform and leaping in to the clouds.

It was absolutely exhilarating! At times you can't see the platform in front or behind you, you can only see the clouds and mist that you're in and the tree canopy FAR below.

Part of the tour included rising up to the uppermost platforms in gondolas, which they call the Sky Tram. Cameron, of course, was super in to it!

Cameron was nervous for the first line, but quickly got in to it. One of the lines was 450m long and they were all SUPER high.

Of all of the zip lines I've been on on this planet, this was definitely the best so far.

At the end of the adventure they brought us out on to a platform about 25 meters in the air and gave us the option of being lowered down on pulleys, or throwing ourselves backwards off the platform in a modified bungee jump.

Malcolm didn't even ask any further questions, he was the first one off the platform. Sigh. He actually told me that he didn't want anyone to go first, he didn't want to know what to expect.

I tossed myself off second, I was absolutely terrified and it was super fun!!

We got back to the hotel, took some down time and then went for a hike on the trails at the top of the mountain.

A couple of animals crossed the trail about 2 meters in front of me and I gasped really loudly. I have no idea what they were, but I've seen few of them by now. Tomorrow's activity is a guided nature hike, so I am expecting to learn that then.

We saw yet another gorgeous sun set on our way to dinner. This is a truly beautiful place.

No comments: