Sunday, December 29, 2019

Costa Rica Day 9 Arenal to Manuel Antonio

We got up this morning and ate in the shadow of the obscured volcano before our driver came to pick us up for the 6 hour drive to Manuel Antonio.We saw alligators (or were they crocodiles? The driver said crocodiles but they had very pointy faces...) along the way and generally chilled out while thoroughly enjoying the fact that someone else was driving and navigating. With every rest stop the air got warmer and stickier AND I'M LIVING FOR IT.

We checked in to our hotel and are immediately in love with this view!We are steps from the pool and monkeys keep running past the balcony!

Cameron and Dave hit the pool while Malcolm and I came in to town and explored the shops and he started scoping out restaurants for his birthday dinner.

We ate dinner under the wings of this cargo plane and overlooking the Pacific Ocean as the sun went down. I think we had the nicest table in the entire place.

I'm writing this while sitting on our balcony listening to the birds and cicadas sing and the monkeys discuss life. I'm sticky and a little sweaty and this is everything that I want out of life.

No comments: