Thursday, December 13, 2007

So, what actually happened?

With time to reflect and lots of people asking, here is an explanation of what happened as depicted by the Discovery Toys game Rush Hour.

So we are the blue (or is it turquoise) car in these pictures. The red car is a Honda Accord and the Purple car is an Audi. This is where we all started.

In this picture I have added thumb tacks to show the colour of the lights that we all had. We are turning left.
The red car advances into the intersection to go straight (you'll note he has a green). We advance and wait as we are turning left and the red car has the right of way. The driver of our car says "oh my gosh, the purple car isn't stopping." I look over and sure enough, the purple car runs the red light and hits the red car.
With no where else to go and nothing we can do, we sit and the red car ricochets into the front of our car.
Instantly my old injuries start to flare up and by the time I got home (4 hours after the collision) I had already called and made an appointment with my chiropractor for today.

I iced my back, shoulder and neck last night and this morning and it is still incredibly sore. I am really upset, frustrated and annoyed. I had just spoken yesterday with both my chiro and my insurance adjuster about how well I was doing from the last collision and how pleased we all were with my recovery.

My chiropractor (who is awesome) said to me last night that since I was doing so well he thinks that I should bounce back quickly this time. I sure hope so.

I stayed home from work today and am having a bit of a pity party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awful change of events. The recovering was finally going so well after all this time. The thumb tacks are a great addition!