Saturday, December 1, 2007

The next car we buy will be a Pontiac Vibe

I have been keeping my eyes open specifically for two things in the recent past. I have purchased several other things, but I have been seeking out two specific things. I have wanted a Little Tikes twin sized race car bed (since we all know that once big C has outgrown his toddler sized train bed, he will want to have the same kind of bed as his brother does) and a Little Tikes 8 in 1 climber.

I have seen several of the beds for sale, but the prices have been high. I am not in a hurry. Finally, on Friday, the exact bed came up on (where else?) usedottawa.com for $75. This, in my opinion, is a good price. I called, he said he would hold it.
Last week a Little Tikes 8 in 1 climber came up for $200. This, again, was a fair price. She agreed to hold it. So, I set off to arrange to pick them up.

Some bad weather cancelled the original pick up time. Finally, a couple of days later, we decided to take the Bussey family's car. It is a Pontiac Vibe, and it is INCREDIBLE. It hauls like nobody's business and it has the cargo capacity of an 18 wheeler moving truck. Holy jumpin!!!

I went and threw the bed frame in it. Whatever, put all the seats down, including the front passenger and it wasn't even a question (see Ben-told you!). I brought that home and then I got ballsy and decided to go pick up the climber. I knew that there was on piece that wouldn't actually fit into the car due to it's size. For the rest of it, it was just a matter of how much volume the car could take. I wasn't sure if it would be one trip or two. It was one, very impressive trip. I'm telling you, the next car we buy will be a Vibe.
I'm actually pretty sure that the Bussey's will be thrilled to hear that. It means that we will stop asking to borrow thier car all the time!!!
Mr Bussey was really excited when I got back and told him all about it. Oh wait, no he wasn't. You'll notice that he is droolin' on himself while Big E watches TV.
When he finally did wake up (and swore to me that he was never in fact asleep) he was scared by the look on my face and he didn't ask what I had used the car to haul. Hee hee, he knows now!! Thanks Mr Bussey!!

No comments: