Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Syonara Party

Last night was K's last night with our family. Her school puts on a thank you and goodbye party for all of the host families and teachers. Here are some shots.

This morning we just had to say goodbye to K as she heads out to go to the final part of her trip. She and I both cried as I sent her out the door with Dave and the boys. She has been a wonderful guest in our home and I will miss her terribly. The girls did a dance. Here is a video:






and here's another:



This is K and I and a sad Monkey. He realizes she will soon be leaving.
A little happier, we told him he could have some Japanese snacks.
Yummy snacks.
K and her best friend on stage.

Here is a picture of K, Monkey, Big C and Dave upon dropping her off at the bus. K was very sad to be leaving us. We told her that we would send postcards often and she said that she will do the same. I told her that she was like a big sister to the boys, and a daughter to us. After a tearful goodbye she got on the bus and waved to us her final goodbye before her adventure to Naigara Falls, Toronto and then home.


Anata ga inakute samishi i.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K, I will miss you too. I truly enjoyed both of your visits to our home. You are a lovely young woman. Grandma C