Friday, March 27, 2015

Annnnnnd I'm back to being afraid of the couch!

I was laying on the couch doing research for our first big road trip. When suddenly a mouse popped it's head up from the back of the couch.  In the split second that it took my brain to acknowledge the movement I lept off the couch.
 At the same time the mouse lept back as there was a rather giant human that it wasn't expecting.  I took the cushions off the couch, saw the mouse run by and realised two things as the oxygen returned to my brain.

1-I have no idea what I intended to do to the mouse, other than perhaps take it's picture.  It isn't like I was going to kill it.

2-a mouse in the couch is actually a very good indication that there is not a snake in residence in the couch.
 The couch is still a bit disheveled from my attempts to locate the mouse.  I have not been on it since.

2 comments:

Carol Badenoch said...

Oh good grief! Yes, I guess a mouse is "proof" there is no snake. I suppose I could even learn to LIKE mice.

Christy said...

Would have scared the. Crap out of me!