Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Petty Larceny

Some of you have been following the blog for a while now. You will remember that a while back I had to rush in to town to make a call and ride in on a flat tire.  I left the bike at my friend's house that day and drove home in her car to boost ours since the battery was flat.

It sat at her place for a while.  I kept seeing the bike on the porch and reminding myself that I needed to bring it home.  She and I tried to load it in to the trunk of the Camry, but couldn't make it fit.

Finally, Dave biked it home.  He commented that the tire wasn't at all flat.  It seemed odd, but honestly I wasn't very concerned about it.

Then my friend asked me recently if my bike was still in her garage.  "No", I said, "Dave rode it home, remember"?  She was certain that the bike in her garage was not hers.  So I went home and got the keys for our bike locks and sure enough, it fit the lock on the bike in the garage (keep in mind that I had no idea back in February what the exchange family's bikes looked like). So it would appear, that with her help, Dave and I had managed to steal her husband's bike from the front porch of their house.

So now, we have both bikes at our place.  Dave says that he knows which one is theirs.  I am staying out of it this time!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suuuuure suuuuure you didn't know which bike belonged to the exchange family. Suuuure. Now we know the truth: you went down under to become a bike thief. Also, to test the Canadian Government's T4 system. Also, to eat a lot of peaches.