Saturday, March 21, 2015

mmmmmm Beaters

For those of you that have been following the blog for YEARS, you will get the reference to how Big C used to call Mater from the movie Cars "Beater".  Anyhow, back to this blog post (now that Heather and I have watched those old videos a few times!).  We are having dinner with some new friends tonight and I am responsible to bring dessert.

I noticed some bananas that were in need of being baked in to something and remembered that we are Canadian and have a small stash of maple syrup with us.  Immediately I decided to make my mom's favourite recipe, Banana Upside Down Cake.

I got going in the kitchen, got the whole thing in the oven and looked to my right...then to my left...and there was no one else home to help me with the beaters or the bowl.  How sad for them.



It has not escaped my notice that it feels pretty pointless to put a cake in the window to cool when it is 33 degrees Celsius out.  You've got to work with what you have on hand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best. Video. EVER.