Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some new trees

For earth day we had a tree planting event in our community. We planted several thousand trees and then everyone who planted trees got to bring a tree home to plant if they wanted to.

We have long despised the evergreen tree on our front lawn. Dave had made several threats on its life and I have been able to hold him off only by the skin of my teeth. Since we have now aquired a tree from the city of Ottawa that will go on the front lawn, the evergreen can go.
We planted the new tree right next to it and will cut it down sometime over the next couple of years as a Christmas tree so that it can have it's chance at glory before becoming mulch.
I wonder if the new tree is taunting it while we are not listening!! The boys were happy to help out. I can't wait until the tree is taller than the house and the boys are taller than me and we can look back on these photos and remember when.

No comments: