Thursday, May 1, 2008

Look at my BABY!!

Just a few short weeks ago we were posting these sweet pictures of my little itty bitty baby in his cute little toddler bed. It is a baby bed really since it has a crib mattress. At least, that is what I have been telling myself.
Recently people have been making cruel comments. People like my husband and my father who have been telling me how big he is getting. Comments like "he isn't a baby anymore" and "wow, he is growing up so fast". Such hurtful things to say to a mother. "Wow, he's a little boy now." Sniffle


Last week he announced, out of nowhere, that he was done with his train bed. "all done train bed mommy. I want a race car bed like Monkey". Seriously, that is what he said.

I didn't believe him, but he kept lobbying me over several days. Finally I admitted to him that we had a race car bed for him in the basement (because I am a GENIUS!!). His response was "lets go get it".So we did. His train bed is sold and out the door and he sleeps in a race car bed like a big boy.And I try not to wake him up with my quiet wimpering as he grows up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... at least when MY baby goes bigger, and sleeps in a full-size bed, WITH A MAN -- she produces little ones for me to fawn over! Much love and understanding, Grandma.