Friday, July 2, 2010

Berry Season

Since today had the nicest (and coolest) forecast for the foreseeable future, I thought that today would be the day for berry picking. I fed the boys breakfast and we were off.
The nice lady at the stand told us where to walk to, though the boys were sure that we'd need to drive the car that far. After a wee walk we were at a gorgeous, almost untouched part of the patch. Unfortunately the camera was AWOL and the back-up camera was up to its old tricks once I tried to use it outside of our house (of course it worked fine when I tested it this morning at home, I didn't NEED it then).
The boys were hard at work picking the biggest, ripest, juiciest berries for mommy and Espana (our newest guest who arrived late last night). In about 15 minutes daddy had nearly a full basket, Monkey had about 20 berries and Big C was yet to actually have any hit the bottom of the basket.
We paid for our berries and were off home.
And afternoon snack - strawberry sandwiches! (Thank you to my ol' friend D Van M for that recipe). Mmmmmmmmm.
Monkey ate the sandwich as usual, which Big C had other ideas.(sorry for the neck strain, I tried 3 times to turn this picture and it just won't take)
If the season holds up and the weather cools off we'll be back within the week!

No comments: