Thursday, July 1, 2010

Triplets on the way!!!

A mother robin has chosen the arbour going over our front walkway as a fantastic place to start her family this summer. There are three little eggs in the nest and the nest is about 4.5 feet off of the ground. It is a fairly loud location if you ask me, and a little vulnerable to predators, but hey, we live here too so it can't be that bad of a neighbouhood...then again, I put a lock and a door up between me and the local cats...
I managed to sit ont he front porch for about 5 minutes this morning and then walk past the nest very quietly. I could see her sitting in her nest with her back to me. The boys are over the moon at the prospect of watching her and her family and we've set up an area in an upstairs window that they can watch from.

No comments: