Monday, January 19, 2009

An update on the dog with no name

The point of fostering a dog is to give it a good home until a forever home can be found. A family has to be able to say goodbye to the dog and let it go to the forever home. If a family can't let go of the dog then they can't keep fostering dogs.

I seem to be the only one in my family who understands this! I am starting to suspect that he [Ranger] will not be moving out any time soon!

Black Bear AKA "Ranger" had a great night. We carried him upstairs and he slept on Mimii's floor and was no trouble at all. He did some woofing in his sleep and held his bladder. In the morning he was very timid to come out of her room so I carried him downstairs. He wasn't at all interested in coming onto the hardwood, even with the promise of a full bowl of food, so I pulled him on the mat over to the kitchen and he went outside to pee and then ate heartily. He slowly got used to the hardwood after a couple of minutes.

Last night he was cautious about letting me rub his belly. This morning he greeted me with three paws in the air. He had a good walk this am and is spending the day today in his crate.

As a side note he is a definite "destuffer" of all things stuffed. Manni and all other lovies will need to be kept safely away or Monkey might suddenly change his mind about wanting a dog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Saje for all the info. on Black Bear. Your blog and photos are great. I am anxious to meet you and Black Bear tomorrow, Thursday, January 22, @ 1:00pm.
Micheline
& Cybele, my Caramel female Lab.