Sunday, January 4, 2009

The School Bus Pinata-step 1 of ?

Monkey wants a pinata at his birthday party this year. Of course, seeing as how it is a Magic School Bus party we need a school bus. I can't seem to find anything even close without having it shipped. So, we're going to make it ourselves.


We went out and bought the stuffins for the pinata since you need to know what is going to be inside to determine how big it needs to be. Then we chose a Jumbo Cheerio box as the victim.It took a couple of tries (see the rejected boxes in the background) but we found an appropriate box to be the hood of the bus.
I secured all of that with duct tape and we're off to the races.
Streamers are very thin as it turns out and I'll need to cover up the cheerios box so that the writing and such doesn't show through.

Once I completed that step I wrapped the whole thing in yellow streamers. Monkey and I will finish up the rest together. We still need to put on all of the windows and the wheels. I'm pretty pleased so far and I hope that he will be when he wakes up : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea
I love it.

Kim