Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Andrew Hayden Park part deux-the frogs

We went again on the weekend. The water is still on in the water park area and the boys had a blast. If the canteen had been open, we would likely still be there. We didn't go home until hunger overtook us.

Of special note was our trip out to the water to harass, I mean CATCH frogs. The boys had never done this before. I searched back in my suburban girl brain and don't know that I ever have either. No matter, I am the mom of boys and more than happy to get my hands (and feet) dirty!
As we were searching Monkey said "they are being very careful to avoid their predators". I love it!
We missed a couple, I caught one and Dave and Monkey nabbed one poor unsuspecting fellow. We had a good look and then let him out. Only to have him scooped up by big C, then Monkey, then Big C...and so on. We finally decided that the poor fellow had had enough and we let him swim away.
The combination of water and sand made for two VERY dirty boys.

Bring it on pester.

No comments: