Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Environmental Tip for September-CONTEST ALERT

Every once in a while, the WB Family hands out a tip or two about going just a little greener. We have not done that in quite a while (almost a year), so, we hunted up something more that we could add to our green repertoire. I have to say that we feel like we do pretty well. Some of our friends do mock and joke. Largely we have earned the jokes : )

I've (Saje) spent the last couple of days rounding up all of the bills that we receive by mail that we can receive electronically and signing up for the electronic billing. Most of the bills can be accessed using Canada Post's epost system. I signed up for this system about five years ago just to discover that it only accommodated one of my bills and wasn't worth the effort. I canceled.
Well much like the claims that Ford has been making (that the WB family can't confirm or deny, we have NOT driven a Ford lately) they've stepped up their offerings and are even offering a sweet contest. By signing up and adding bills you can win a pair of Vespa Scooters, valued at $9,000, or 1 of 5 $1,000 cash prizes. The more Mailers you add, the greater your chances of winning!

Our credit card bill has their own electronic system as does one of our utility bills. I have those set up separately, we'll see how it works out.

So now we are causing less ink, paper and fuel to be consumed so that we can receive our bills. A small part of me wants the mail box to be a spot where only wonderful things arrive! Packages and cheques only please : ) It would be great to stop having a huge stack of bills whenever I check.

So let me know if you win the scooters. I totally want to go for a spin on one!!

No comments: