Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A new career path

You saw it here first. After much thought and deliberation, Monkey has decided to take things in a new direction. He used to want to be a commercial airline pilot. He knew that he wanted to fly planes, but it was important that the plane be big enough that he didn't need to wear his jacket. Priorities you know.

He announced to me this morning, while working on his letters "I don't know if I can remember how to make all of these letters, but when I do, I am going to be an illustrator"

Mommy: "pardon me???"

Monkey: "yep, I'm going to write children's books"

Too bad his chances of getting on The Reading Rainbow are shot: http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/my_living_nightmare_of?utm_source=facebook_1

1 comment:

Heather said...

No matter how he decides to make his living, he was a brilliant five-year-old that used the word "illustrator"!!