Monday, July 13, 2015

A Pupil Free Day in Mudgee

The Monday after a school break holiday seems to always be a "pupil free day".  So Dave goes to work to learn about teaching and the boys and I get to hang out (Dave is busy killing a giant spider behind me.  I'm just going to ignore that and type).  

Early this morning (so like 9:30) I look up and these two foxes are strolling through the backyard! They were very surprised to see me in the window and took off as I started to take photos.  These foxes have a giant target on their sides and a ransom on their heads.  I won't tell the animal loving readers what will happen when they stumble in to the live trap that has been set locally, but it will end for the foxes about as well as it has been ending up for the local chickens...
The boys and I made breakfast brunch.  They both wanted different things and I offered to supervise them as they made what they were after.
 I could pretend that I didn't take these photos of kids in their jammies well after 10am, but I totally did.  The keen eyed reader will note that both boys are wearing "gramma jammas".  She bought Monkey's and made BigC's.  They feel that she is hugging them whenever they wear them.
We finally got dressed around 1...30...ish and then made some muffins to share with friends who came over in the afternoon.

It was a lovely, relaxing day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A day spent in jammies is a good day :-)