Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 3-yummy food with no dramas!

I'm not saying that Dave's first driving attempt went badly.  What I will say is that while I was cuddled up with these two I heard the car leave the driveway.  I only heard footsteps come back...followed by a request to help him push the car home.  I am going to go and take the car out for a solid drive and see if the battery will charge all the way back up, or if we need a new one.

We are heading over to a former Ottawa resident's house for lunch today and then to dinner with a new colleague tonight.  I took peaches and mint from the garden and whipped up some salsa to bring with us.
 I forgot to take a photo of the finished salsa, but it was yummy, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Dave just had to rescue Monkey from a daddy long legs that was joining him in the shower.  Picture the two of them cowering in opposite corners of the shower stall.  Dave caught and released it in to the yard and all was fine.  In other "Dave is my hero" news, he took on not one, but TWO female red back spiders today and emerged as the sole survivor.  The ER nurse from yesterday said that we should not allow them to live on our property.  He took that one on like a boss!!

I took the car for a long drive and got the battery nice and charged up.  It has not given us any trouble since then.  I have driven it three times today and was almost at a trifecta of not turning on the windshield wipers instead of the indicator, but blew it in the final moments of our drive out to dinner.  There's always tomorrow!  Tonight I even drove in the pouring rain.  That means I was dealing with the manual transmission, indicator AND the windshield wipers.

Dave has not yet tried again with the car.  Stay tuned on that.  

No comments: