Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 6-Breakfast of Champions

We woke up and enjoyed a breakfast of leftover pavlova from dinner that we shared on Friday night with some new friends.
 I am not sure that we will ever get tired of the beautiful surroundings that we live in here.
 The new friends that we got together with on Friday let us know that we have pomegranate trees in the garden.  Monkey and I set out immediately Saturday morning to find it.  WE FOUND IT!!  He is really taken with all of the plants around the house.  He loves to go out and explore them to find what is here and what might be ready to be harvested next.
Pavlova for breakfast means biking, rather than driving in to town, so I grabbed a bike and helmet from the garage and made my way in.  I discovered that the bank is closed for the long weekend, so we wont have any cash until Tuesday.  The post office and the grocery store are open though, so we can get what we need.  The vistas here are out of control.  Every corner that I go around looks like it should be on a post card.
 There's been a reasonable amount of rain recently, so things are nice and green.  We headed over to the neighbour's place for a swim and supper.  Their yard is all mowed ground and the kids wasted no time after swimming to come up with a game of soccer.


The car never moved today.  Which technically means that I did not use the windshield wipers in the place of the indicators.  I am still hoping for the day when I can say that for real!  

1 comment:

Grandma C said...

You will need to ask Grandpa about getting the seeds out of a pomegranate. As much as Grandma is supposed to be the foodie, I have never done it. Delicious, but can be a lot of work. Google a great method for doing it.