Monday, January 26, 2015

Last Day Before School Starts

Both boys expressed to me last night that they are missing home/feeling anxious about starting school.  I chatted with my mom about it and like all good grandmothers, her solution involved food.  We made sure that I had their favourite macaroni and cheese recipe and I let the kids know that we would be having it for supper.

First the doodle and I spent the morning baking muffins.  Nuts are permitted in school lunches here, so we were able to use some nuts to make the muffins a bit higher in protein.


 I have no idea why the photos are sideways, I am turning them and saving them before uploading.  Sigh.

The boys were quite happy to have rasher bacon (we have not located pemeal bacon yet) and macaroni and cheese for supper tonight.  It should be great fuel for their first day of school tomorrow!

1 comment:

Grandma C said...

Hey Doodle, I recognize those pajamas. You look so cozy. If only I could FEEL you in them! I see big smiles for "grandma's special pasta." Comfort food.