Monday, June 8, 2015

The Wine Tour

Shhhhh.  This post is for quiet reading.  Yesterday was the wine tour that my friend Joan and I put together. Joan volunteered her day to drive us around.

We started at 10am at Robert Oatley.    
We then moved to Bunnamagoo
Followed by Peter Van Gent

A "sure, why not" decision found us at Rosby. They didn't have a "cellar door" so much as a picnic table outside that we sampled at.  No whites here, but some yummy reds.

It is about this point in the day that things start to get fuzzy for me...
We stopped for lunch and tasting at Di Lusso. The service was so atrocious that we sat down for lunch at 1 and our pizzas finally arrived at 2:37.
 
I would be lying if I said that I remember taking this photo. I didn't think there were any photos from Di Lusso...as it turns out, I took quite a few!

Mom quite enjoyed this sign outside of Botobolar.
We sampled at Botobolar and chatted with the owner who is an American from Chicago and therfore sounds similar to us!
Last stop was Robert Stein.
We had a great day tasting the local wines and supporting the economy by buying some.

I know that I went to bed at 6:30pm. I can't speak for Dave or my mom, but I am reasonably confident that my mother was the one to put the kids to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fantastic day, for me. I cant wait till I visit you all in Canada, I am super excited about my pottery lesson Carol.
Cheers Joan