Saturday, June 6, 2015

Well That's Cheesy!

As we get more settled, we are noticing more things about our surroundings. I recently went for a run and found a cellar door (wine tasting place) really close to our house.  It's been there the whole time, but I've only just noticed it.

We enjoy "old cheddar".  In Canada that is what it is called. It is cheddar cheese that has been aged, the name is very logical.  In the first weeks that we were here we found "tasty cheddar".  It's okay, not great, but okay.  Now that my mom is here she wanted to make macaroni and cheese for the boys. She needed strong cheese.  For the first time we took a good look at the cheeses.

This is what we found:
 "Strong and bitey".  I laughed pretty hard and yet I freely admit that even though they obviously let a 4 year old name the cheese, it's the most accurate name I have ever seen!!
 Here they are, enjoying the strong and bitey macaroni and cheese. I suspect I'll get my seat at the table back in July...

No comments: