Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Canadian Return day something or other

Week 2 of our return to the great white north. How is it going?

There is SO MUCH TO DO. It seems to not end! We've been triaging things that need to be addressed. An example of this would be the freezer. We discovered that it is broken upond our return home. No easy fix seems to be imminent. This is not something that an Ottawa family needs to address with any real urgency in January or February. We've set 3 Rubbermaid totes out on the back step. Last night I set out some pre-packed lunch portions to freeze and it snowed on them!

January in Ottawa means a return to winter running for me. I slapped some tape on my kicks to block out the wind and slush 
and pulled my layers out of storage. The weather has been nice and mild as I've been breaking myself in. It's possible that I'm doing the Polar Hero obstacle course race this weekend. Why not?
Driving is getting easier and easier. I don't have to think very hard any more to stay in the correct lane. I do still need to focus before signaling or turning on the windshield wipers!!

The boys are adapting well to school and are getting caught up.  Today marks the last of the catch up medical appointments. We saw their pediatrician and the dentist this arvo afternoon.

No comments: