Saturday, January 9, 2016

NZ Day 26-Rotorua to Coromondel Peninsula and straight to the Beach

Road trip day!!
Shenoa gets credit for this one. She suggested that we hit the Peninsula and check out Hot Water Beach.
We checked in to our (super tiny) accommodation and hit the beach.
We knew that we had missed the opportunity for the (scaldingly) hot water ad low tide had passed
The boys were happy to dig and to play
And I was happy to lounge and read a book.
In the arvo (afternoon) I got Dave to drop me off at a random road side hiking spot to go for a run while he did some grocery shopping in town.
It was both a very bad and a very good decision. I got out of the car and immediately headed straight downhill for a kilometer. Sounds like an easy one, but I knew I needed to get back up to the parking lot at the end. I pulled off 4k in 31 minutes. That should usually take me around 20-25 minutes so it was an awesome workout!
It's possible that I booked us in at a place with a brewery and restaurant attached. We had a lovely dinner there and Dave got to sample their wares.

A win all around!

No comments: