Thursday, January 21, 2016

Return to Ottawa Day One

We got a couple of hours sleep our first night. My mom awesomely offered to bring us breakfast, which we graciously accepted.

The boys were over the moon to get pemeal back for the first time in a year, while Dave and I swooned over the frittata and Montreal style bagels. Thanks so much mom!

The first order of business was to get the cars registered with the province again. Mom dropped me off to do that while going to get ski boots for Monkey.

I put the sticker on my plate only to have it immediately fall off. It is winter in Ottawa after all! Getting the faulty sticker replaced was a 2+ hour ordeal. We clearly need a new system!!  A sticker won't stick to a cold metal license plate people!!  It isn't reasonable. I am keeping the replacement sticker in my purse for now. I'm waiting for the first warmish day to put that sucker on!!

We have spent a tremendous amount of time unpacking and trying to locate all of our stuff. The house was wonderfully clean when I got home, which was awesome! I then took many of the boxes and bins of stored items and overturned them so I could sort through them.
This is an excellent opportunity to organize everything since NOTHING is in the correct spot at this point.
Aside from finding some of my stored Lululemon items in one of the upstairs bedroom closets (where the teenaged daughter had stayed) our stored items seemed to be as we had left them.

Having anticipated that our cupboards might be bare when we got home, mom was back again at dinner time with Mac and cheese, more pemeal bacon and lava cakes. Awesome! Thanks so much mom!

The first full night that we were home we were each up for a few hours in the middle of the night. I was starving at 3am!
Unpacking has caused me to ask myself quite a few questions about the things that I packed up a year ago. Like, why did I store all of the children's teeth? It's creepy! They are not even all in the same place. There were quite literally 8-10 different places that I've found teeth. If I had died and someone else had unpacked this stuff they would have some serious questions about just what the hell I was up to.

No comments: