Thursday, January 14, 2016

NZ day 32-Auckland

The plan for today was to accomplish very little. We mostly pulled it off.


I brought BigC down to the beach so he could play in the sand and I could do a quick workout. 

I found this cute little cove with some good sized rocks to work out with. 
The tide was slowly coming in while we were there. By the end I was doing push ups and lunges with the water lapping my feet. It felt great...until I became aware of an intense pain on the top of my foot. It didn't quit so I finally took a look. Sure enough there was a little jellyfish attached to my foot. Jerk.
 Five minutes later as we were wading back out of there I bashed the same foot on a rock. The photo below shows the tiny spot where the jellyfish kissed me. The rest of the marks were all rock related.
 Later in the day this window FELL OFF the side of the place where we are staying.
 Amazingly it didn't smash!

 We fly home tomorrow. We have emptied the back of the car and are busily packing up and weighing bags. We have a strict 23kg and 1 bag allowance per passenger before carry on. Extra weight or an extra bag will cost $200. It all matters at this stage!!

No comments: