Saturday, July 21, 2007

Buh bye computer monitors / paper weights!!

About three months ago I scored two huge computer monitors on my favourite site http://www.usedottawa.com/. I got them home only to discover that the cables that were required to go in to the backs of these things to connect them to the CPUs seemed to be proprietary and that I could likely find them, but not without a lot of hassle (read: time) and money put out.

Since spare time is not something which I have a lot of these things just sat around. Dave moved them upstairs and then downstairs. In to the garage and then back upstairs. He is very tolerant. These things must weigh 25 lbs each. Finally I admitted defeat and I put them back up on http://www.usedottawa.com/ for sale.



Well buh bye monitors. Some young fella named Jackson* is now their proud owner. He came and loaded them in to his car. It was riding visibly lower as he pulled away.


For my trouble, money towards the king sized mattress fund. At this rate, we'll be sleeping tight by 2010!


* names have been changed since I never asked the guy if I could use it

** photo is of the actual money that changed hands during this transaction

*** no vehicles were hurt in the off-loading of these monitors

No comments: