Sunday, July 8, 2007

Daddy v Bunny - Part I of II

I'll start this message by stating that no bunnies were harmed in the making of this blog post. Yesterday my Sunshine (that's my wife) went out briefly with Monkey and left big C and I to get ready for supper. I looked out our window and noticed that the bunny we hadn't seen in weeks was next door relieving himself on our neighbours yard. He gave me that glint in his eye that said 'that's right, I'm back. What're you gonna do about it? '. I knew that in the position he had placed himself he was pinned. I called the neighbours to find out if I could come into their yard to catch him. No answer. At this time I took it up myself to do a quick test of the security of our property. I placed Big C in the back yard with me, took two of our patio chairs and put one on our side of the fence and one on our neighbours and delicately hopped the fence. I had thrown a large Rubbermaid container over with me so that I could catch the little varmint. After about 5 minutes of a little dance back and forth I trapped him under the Rubbermaid container right hear the hedge line.
Victory was mine! I had him pinned under the container and now had to hop back over the fence to get the lid to trap him entirely so that I could go release him in the woods. Big C was very helpful and kept a close eye on the container (which I secured with a bag of Black Earth) while I got a large board to enclose the bunny.






Then Sunshine and Monkey came home. It took a little bit of explaining to get them to understand just what I was doing with Big C on one side of the fence and me on the other with a large container. Once they found out that our nemesis the bunny had been caught, we were off in the car to release him. Monkey and Big C were quite excited that we were finding the bunny a new home where he would lots of good things to eat - other than mommy's flowers. We arrived at the place in the woods and took the makeshift trap out of the trunk. I stood triumphantly over the container, Sunshine poised at the camera, and lifted the lid on the count of the 3. And....
no bunny.
Darn magic bunny.
Official score : Bunny 1, daddy no score.

No comments: