Sunday, July 1, 2007

DPoD July 1st - Happy 10th Canada Day!

Happy 140th Canada Day to all and happy 10th Canada Day together sunshine.
For those of you who don't know, we met on Canada Day 9 years ago (thus making this our tenth). I ventured up from London on a whim with my buddy Darcy and she was in town between years at Trent university. We met downtown and we saw our first fireworks together that first year. They always make us feel young. After the fireworks ended we made arrangements to meet each other the next day through a bank slip with red lipstick writing down the address where I was staying in town.

After a brief 2-day trip to Peterborough to help her look for an apartment (and we saw some doozies) we returned to Ottawa and started a long distance friendship. That friendship grew into a relationship and soon enough we fell in love. From that love came 2 beautiful boys and a home full to the brim with love that we could have never even dreampt of. Every Canada Day becomes better than the last and every morning that I wake up next to her I feel blessed to have such a wonderful, vibrant, passionate partner in my life. I love you sweetie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW....I hope that one day I find a husband as caring, adoring and loving as Dave is to SJ...

Heidi

ps...I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking about the two of you on Cananda Day and how you mett. I didn't forget.
love kim