Monday, July 30, 2007

DPoD July 30th - Those crazy Canadians BBQed their PIE!

{Dave writing, logged in as Saje} Since I got to the photo first, stolen from tbf.ca, I thought that I should get to make the post. Ok, so Sunshine had all the smarm and even took the photo, but I got to the computer first, so it's mine!

I brought pie when we went to E-man's parents for supper. It was time for dinner when I arrived, and I neglected to consider the timeliness of my decision (since it takes more than 40 minutes to cook) and the fact that it would heat their house up enormously to bake a pie indoors in the 30 decgree heat.
So E-man's father decided that we could put the pie on the hot barbecue.
Why not? We're in Canada. We have a barbecue. We have a pie to heat. It seemed to make a lot of sense. We waited the requisite half an hour so with a lot of sarcasm being passed around the dinner table.

Our reward - an honest to goodness delicious barbecue pie. I don't think I'll ever go back to the oven version. I really don't.

1 comment:

PB said...

Oh yea of little faith.

Now strictly speaking I violated my BBQ code by using all the tin foil and veg basket.


The original Post.