Monday, September 29, 2008

Dave has had to give up a great deal to be a father


...a real father that is.  The kind who is unselfish and generous.  That is the kind of father that Dave is.  So he has given up a lot.

First, Dave has had to give up sleep.  Days and perhaps even weeks worth of sleep.
Then he had to give up beaters.  Who doesn't like the beaters fresh out of brownies, cookies, cake or something else yummy??
But tonight, another ax fell and I think that it was almost more than Dave could take.  
The boys have now come to love apple peels.  You know the ones I mean.  
The ones that you get when you are making a pie or crisp or something apply and yummy.
  
Dave uttered two words to me, and I think that he means from the depths of who he is:







DARK MEAT
I love the dark meat and he likes the white meat.  I have been teaching the boys to eat the white meat.  Thanksgiving might get a little ugly this year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This pales in comparison to what you've given up sunshine. I'd like to mention more sleep than I, smooth skin, dairy, countless days at the office, plenty of your own $, your office...I could go on, but I feel that you are the most wonderful mother in the world and I'm amzed more by you each day.