Monday, September 1, 2008

What do you do to keep your family organized?

We have 4 people starting back to school tomorrow. That is a lot of people. We have a couple of things that we are doing to keep track of just where on earth we all are at a given time.

#1, we have a three month calendar that is posted on the wall. All of our activities and goings on are posted there.

#2, on the weekend I, Saje, put clothes, from Monday-Friday for both of the boys in what is actually a shoe organizer in our closet. The boys get thier clothes from there in the morning and that is what they wear for the day.
This system lets me plan for weather, special days like PJ or silly hat day, and makes sure that we have enough clean clothes to get through the week.

The added bonus is that I get to pick the outfits. No "daddy specials".

#3, we have a weekly meal schedule. The meals are planned out on the weekend as well as who is cooking it. We're hoping this will make for an even distribution of this chore as well as healthy, thought out meals. Lets see. I am likely going to be the first to fall off the wagon...

So, what do you do to keep your busy family on track? I would love to hear it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family would be lost without my blackberry...Matt

Anonymous said...

Those are all great ideas. I think I should get a calender like that. Someday I will need to do the shoe organizer idea too. Sorry I have no ideas I guess we go day by day.