Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Shaving Experiment

For those of you who became dependent on the DPoD for the last 1 1/2 years, I apologize for my lack of pictures upon my return to work full time. I'll do my best to get things back in order and have the camera handy. I, as likely many of you, miss the photos and capturing what I hope are priceless memories of the boys. Please see my poll that I've added to gauge your addiction level to the photos.
In other news, I mentioned that I've been trying to be more environmentally conscious in new ways. There has been the rain barrel (which is working like a charm I might add) and our vigorous need to compost (thank you to the new large spider that has moved in to consume the bevy of fruit flies). In the last 2 months I have moved away from the typical shave gels to the organic version. It goes on like a smooth cream and the first I tried - Kiss My Face - lathers up a little. I've noticed that my skin feels softer and smoother. The iritation level on my skin has also decreased quite substantially, even during the warmth of summer and soccer.


I've finally run out of the little sample size (it was about 15 mL for 99 cents) and moved on to Avalon Organics. It doesn't lather up, but rather goes on as a transparent film. At first I was a little weary of it since it didn't lather up. Quickly however I liked how my skin felt both during and after the shave. There was practically no iritation at all and it even smelled nice (much better than all the stuff with harsh, fake stuff in it). The cost for about 150 mL was 7 bucks and it'll likely do me for about a year since all you need is about a pea-sized amount per shave.
Thank you sunshine for picking up this variety of shaving stuff for me.
And to all the guys out there - the cost is WAY cheaper than the heavily marketed other brands, my face feels super and gets much more attention from my wife and I feel better about the footprint that I'm leaving behind.

1 comment:

Matt Triemstra said...

I'm not convinced...would you mind if I just showed up at your house and started rubbing your face? =>